In this section, you will find all things to do with addiction and recovery from addiction. This page will focus on resources to help people who are dealing with ALL types of addiction, not just drugs/alcohol… but also gambling, food, hoarding, shopping, and anything else you might have an addiction to. You’ll find links to treatment resources, links to the latest articles on addiction science, excellent infographics about addiction, and many other links to helpful articles. You’ll also find links to various websites and blogs that I’ve found over the years to be very helpful to me in my recovery. These resources are for EVERYONE… people in recovery, families of people in recovery, or anyone else interested in learning more about addiction and recovery.
The goal of this section is to help people… plain and simple. I remember when I was getting sober how hard it was to not only find resources, but find people who actually gave a shit. The resources you’ll find here are reputable, trusted, and I back them 100%. I want to provide a place where you’ll find facts, not misinformation and I will be sure to update this frequently.
LINKS TO RECOVERY RESOURCES
- www.samhsa.gov – This is a comprehensive website for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Here you can find all these related to treatment, recovery, wellness, prevention, and so much more!! I HIGHLY recommend checking out all this site has to offer if you’re a person in recovery or family member of a person in recovery!
- https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/ – SAMHSA’s very user-friendly treatment locator. Simply type in your zip code and VOILA! It will provide you with a list of treatment options in your area.
- www.nami.org – NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
- http://theicarusproject.net/ – Amazing website – The Icarus Project is a support network and education project by and for people who experience the world in ways that are often diagnosed as mental illness. We advance social justice by fostering mutual aid practices that reconnect healing and collective liberation. We transform ourselves through transforming the world around us.
- https://www.whitehouse.gov/ondcp – ONDCP coordinates the drug control activities and related funding of 16 Federal Departments and Agencies. Each year, ONDCP produces the annual National Drug Control Strategy, which outlines Administration efforts for the Nation to reduce illicit drug use, manufacturing and trafficking; drug-related crime and violence; and drug-related health consequences.
- http://atforum.com/ – Addiction Treatment Forum – The Addiction Treatment Forum educational program was developed in the early 1990s to address the concerns of patients and professionals working in the addiction treatment field during the heroin epidemic that faced our nation. The goal of the educational program is to report what has happened, what is happening today, and what might happen in the future to further the success of professionals and patients in providing medication-assisted treatment for opioid addiction. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR PEOPLE WHO LIKE TO DO RESEARCH AND KEEP UP TO DATE ON THE LATEST ADDICTION NEWS & SCIENCE
- https://www.centeronaddiction.org/ – CASA (National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse) is a national nonprofit research and policy organization focused on improving the understanding, prevention and treatment of substance use and addiction. EXCELLENT SITE FOR INFORMATION AND ADVOCACY
- https://facesandvoicesofrecovery.org/ – Faces & Voices of Recovery is the nation’s leading recovery advocacy organization promoting policies that are grounded in science, compassion, health and human rights. I actually have my recovery story published on their site!
- https://www.thefix.com/ – The Fix is the world’s leading premier about addiction and recovery, featuring a daily mix of breaking news, exclusive interviews, investigative reports, essays and blogs on sober living, lifestyle and cultural resources, as well as knowledge and wisdom from expert counsel. We also offer Rehab Reviews, with input from alumni, plus extensive directories and practical guides for dealing with addiction and related mental health and life issues. Further, The Fix provides an extensive forum for debating relevant issues, allowing a large community the opportunity to express its experiences and opinions on all matters pertinent to addiction and recovery without bias or control from The Fix.
- http://manyfaces1voice.org/ – A multi-faceted campaign through Faces and Voices of Recovery to mobilize people in recovery, family members, friends and allies to advance the addiction recovery advocacy movement.
https://www.shatterproof.org/ – Shatterproof is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to ending the devastation addiction causes families. Excellent site for reliable information and advocacy links
…MORE TO COME!